Five Steps to Doing What You Want Again
An object in motion stays in motion and an object at rest stays at rest. – Newton’s First Law of Motion
Newton’s First Law of Motion can be applied to human life. Sometimes it’s just a matter of taking the first step that catapults you into a new way of living. Whether it’s starting that new exercise plan, deciding to eat healthier foods, or even going to get help for your chronic pain, that first step can keep you moving in the right direction to be able to DO WHAT YOU WANT again. But how do you move from a state of rest to a state of motion? Use this Get Active Guide to jump start your path to healing.
Get Active Guide
- Book a Consultation – The very first step to getting moving again is understanding your chronic pain. There is no better place to do that than Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma. Our providers would love to help pinpoint what has been going on in your body to cause your pain and give you solutions to find relief. One decision to book an appointment can change the trajectory of your journey towards health. Call 918-921-8160 and schedule right now.
- Treatment -Your treatment plan at NTCO will be specific to your pain and needs. Our providers look at all aspects of your life to determine how to help you get back to doing what you want again. Whether you are suffering from symptoms of neuropathy, back pain, diabetes, joint pain, neck pain, sciatica, shingles, or knee pain, NTCO can help. Nerve Regenerating Therapy (NRT) is an effective treatment for damaged and irritated nerves. Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma uses a pharmaceutical grade nutrient blend to bring healing to those affected areas. And immediately following the injection, they use carefully controlled electronic signals for long term relief from chronic pain. This state-of-the-art treatment has no side effects and is well tolerated by most patients. In fact, 87% of patients would say they felt a reduction in symptoms. You can’t lose in this situation. You don’t even have to take medications that cause awful side effects, which other healthcare providers would likely prescribe. Taking control of the pain is a critical step in getting more active again.
- Exercise – Now that you are starting to feel less pain from the symptoms of neuropathy, it’s time to begin those exercises that you couldn’t do before. Start slowly – don’t overdo it. Getting your body back to where you were is a process, but once you start the ball rolling, you will find that exercises get easier and easier, and you are able to add more repetitions or achieve more distance than you did yesterday. Here are some exercises that can start you off. Expect it to be hard at first. It’s hard to start moving again. We get it! Don’t be too hard on yourself. Small wins each day add up to much bigger wins down the line.
- Healthy Eating – Nothing can help you feel more like yourself again than by fueling your body the correct way. It might be fun to grab quick food out or indulge in sweet treats, but if you do that too often your body will get so run down and it will become hard to be in motion anymore. Healthy eating when paired with the exercises you’ve already started in step three, plus the innovative treatment that only NTCO can give is the catalyst for a new lease in life. So, make sure you are eating those greens, reducing processed foods, and watching the intake of high calorie drinks and treats.
- Consistency – Now that you’ve taken these first four steps to getting active again, the fifth and key step is to be consistent. It takes at least 21 days to create a habit in your life, and longer than that for some. Being consistent with your treatment, exercise, and eating habits will feel cumbersome at first, but with time you will get to the point where you don’t even think about the choice, it’s a part of your new normal. Be patient with yourself as you battle that desire to give up. Trust me, it’s worth it in the end! When you find yourself saying – I CAN DO WHAT I WANT – again and not feel the pain from Neuropathy invading everything you do, you will know it was worth it too.