At Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma, our unique approach to dealing with symptoms and pain related to neuropathy does not just come from the state-of-the-art equipment that we use, but also from the approaching your everyday well-being. This includes addressing areas of life that many times primary care doctors or others don’t have time to speak with you about.
Here at the Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma, we want to make sure that you are not only getting treatment for your neuropathy symptoms, but that you are also living a healthy, fulfilling life.
We know, both physical and mental health are linked. Therefore, when you are experiencing problems in one of these areas, it will usually affect the other.
Every day, one of clinic’s Nurse Practitioners, Tiffany Hays sits down with patients to go over the 8 dimensions of wellness. We do this with each of our patients in order to make sure we are able to address the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects of wellness.
The 8 dimensions of wellness include:
- Physical – exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and having a balanced diet
- Occupational – creating a healthy balance between work and leisure time. Making sure that you have time to do things that you are passionate about, to help free up mental space and give you a healthy balance
- Financial – this is a common stressor, so gaining help on budgeting and keeping track of finances, can help minimize the stress and burdens related to finances
- Environment – taking a look at your physical & natural surroundings and understanding the effect they have on your wellness
- Social – looking at your community and asking if you are connected and do you have a sense of belonging?
- Intellectual – realizing your skills and talents and using them effectively to inhabit happiness
- Emotional – learning how to cope effectively when dealing with life situations & building lasting relationships
- Spiritual – defining your values and beliefs that help you find purpose in life
When we examine each of the 8 dimensions of wellness, an evaluation takes place that can be used to set goals for improved physical, mental and spiritual health.
Our team at Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma is excited to walk alongside you in the journey to becoming symptom free from neuropathy, as you become stronger in the 8 dimensions of wellness.
For a consultation or to schedule an appointment with our medical staff, call our office at 918-921-8160