Neuropathy can be caused by many factors.
- Trauma to the Body – When your body undergoes some sort of physical injury, whether it’s an automobile accident, fall, sports injury, or even a medical procedure, nerves can be crushed, stretched, or pressed to the point that you are feeling pain. Even dislocated bones can compress nerves at the spinal cord.
- Diabetes – About 60-70% of people with diabetes deal with pain due to neuropathy. The disease can cause mild to severe forms of damage to nerves throughout the body.
- Vascular and Blood Issues – If your blood is not pumping correctly, there is less oxygen that flows to your nerves, leading to tissue damage.
- Autoimmune Diseases – Autoimmune diseases attack the nerves. These issues can develop at different speeds for each individual. The severity of the damage also fluctuates from person to person.
- Vitamin Imbalances – Vitamin B12 deficiency and an excess of B6 are the most common causes of nerve damage.
- Hormonal Imbalances – Hormone levels, when outside of normal ranges, can cause edema, or an excess of watery fluid in the tissues of the body. Even small amounts of edema can cause diminished blood flow, which over time can cause nerve damage. With swollen tissue, peripheral nerves can be pressed in ways that cause pain.
- Alcoholism – After drinking too much alcohol, your body has more difficulty absorbing the nutrients it needs, causing vitamin deficiencies.
- Tumors – Masses can sometimes press on nerves causing pain.
- Chemotherapy Drugs – 30-40% of chemotherapy users end up with Neuropathy, plus radiation can severely damage nerves as well.
- Infections – Certain viruses can attack the nervous system, even down to the varicella-zoster virus which causes chicken pox and shingles.
The extent of this list of causes shows the extent that people are suffering from chronic pain. In fact, you might see something on this list that makes you to think — maybe that’s me. The good news is that you don’t have to live with pain anymore. Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma has a solution for your pain due to symptoms of Neuropathy.
The Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma offers a FDA approved system of electric stimulation combined with a Pharmaceutical Grade Nutrient Blend for relief of chronic pain and in most cases, regrowth of healthy nerves. The solution to your chronic pain can be found at NTCO. Call (918) 921-8160 and get the relief you are searching for.