We all feel it — the daily struggle to somehow add exercise into our already jam-packed day. Before you roll your eyes because you are thinking you’ve already tried and failed, take a look at these 15 ways to move more during the day that might be more fun than the typical gym routine.
- Listen to an audiobook or podcast while taking a walk
- Walk around a museum or art gallery
- Plant a vegetable garden and take time to weed and water each day
- Chop all your vegetables yourself instead of buying pre-chopped or frozen
- Stretch and exercise while watching your favorite tv shows
- Dance to your favorite songs
- Walk your dog
- Park further away from stores when running errands
- Wash your car by hand
- Clean your house
- Play video games like Wii fit or Dance Dance Revolution
- Walk to a co-worker instead of sending an email
- Take the stairs instead of elevators or escalators
- Play with your pets
- Stand up and walk around to take phone calls
The key is to find activities that you find enjoyable and aren’t WORK for you. Some people also find motivation in having a steps tracker. It just feels good to watch the count go up and eventually reach your goals. Find what keeps you motivated!
It’s not just about keeping moving, though. Diet plays a huge part in health and the recovery process as well. Finding new, healthy recipes can be just as challenging as getting into a new exercise routine. Try Slow Cooker Pork Tacos this week!
Exercise, when combined with a healthy diet can be great steppingstones to health. And when you add Nerve Regenerating Therapy (NRT) at Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma for your chronic pain, NOTHING CAN STOP YOU! This treatment has been found to reduce symptoms from neuropathy in 87% of patients. NRT has no side effects and is very well tolerated by most patients. Before resorting to surgery or strong medications, try NTCO for your chronic pain due to Neuropathy.