LIVING the life you deserve begins with Treatment, Exercise, Healthy Eating
Staying active while dealing with symptoms of Neuropathy can be challenging. But in addition to treatment at Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma, our recommendation will likely include basic forms of activity to maintain muscle strength and increase circulation. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start, though. Here are a few ideas to get you going in the right direction:
- Stretching – Loosens the muscles, helping with flexibility and range of motion. Should be done before and after any strenuous forms of exercise but is also beneficial on its own.
- Yoga – Targeted stretching and breathing exercises beneficial to those dealing with chronic pain.
- Swimming and Water Aerobics – exercising in water limits your weight, helping with basic movements.
- Cardio – Walking, hiking, bike riding. Improves heart health, blood pressure, and overall pain management.
- Daily Activities – Housework, walking the dog, and pruning flower beds can be great low-strain activities that not only aid in overall health and wellness, but also get something accomplished at the same time.
Remember that with any new activity, start slowly and build your stamina over time. Don’t forget to take breaks and stay hydrated, especially if you are out in the summer heat. Also, it is best to avoid sudden twisting or jerking, which can strain muscles. Try to keep your back aligned and turn with your entire body.
Treatment at NTCO, increasing your level of activity, and eating a healthy diet can help those dealing with symptoms of Neuropathy tremendously. You may have been wishing you could do certain activities like you used to or watch others your age do the things you had always hoped to do. Don’t give up hope. LIVE THE LIFE YOU DESERVE by calling 918-921-8160 for a consultation today. It’s not too late to start a new chapter in your life.