What’s bothering you?
Peripheral neuropathy can affect the body in a variety of ways, and no two patients will experience it the same way. The brain sends a signal to the spinal cord and then on to the rest of the body, but when that chain of reactions gets interrupted by trauma, infections, metabolic problems, inherited traits, or exposure to toxins, pain can occur. Sometimes that pain can even be debilitating.
Some common symptoms of peripheral neuropathy include:
- Gradual onset of numbness, prickling or tingling in your feet or hands, which can spread upward into your legs and arms
- Sharp, jabbing, throbbing or burning pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Pain during activities that shouldn’t cause pain, such as pain in your feet when putting weight on them or when they’re under a blanket
- Lack of coordination and falling
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling as if you’re wearing gloves or socks when you’re not
- Paralysis if motor nerves are affected
- Heat intolerance
- Excessive sweating or not being able to sweat
- Bowel, bladder or digestive problems
- Changes in blood pressure, causing dizziness or feeling lightheaded
Different types of nerves come with different symptoms. Sensory nerves, the nerves located in your skin, receive sensations like temperature, pain, and touch. Motor nerves control the movement of your muscles. Lastly, autonomic nerves control your blood pressure, heart rate, digestion, and bladder.
If you are feeling any of these symptoms, schedule a consultation with the doctors at Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma as soon as possible. Our mission is to help pinpoint which type of neuropathy you are experiencing and give you the tools you need to LOVE LIFE and LIVE PAIN FREE again. We use innovative treatments such as Nerve Regenerating Therapy, where 87% of patients see a significant relief of symptoms. Call our office today at (918) 921-8160. No referral is needed. See a difference in your quality of life with the help of The Neuropathy Treatment Clinic of Oklahoma.